Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

By the time you read the title, yes, you've guessed it: I am addicted to magical girl anime. (But to clear things up, I hate Sailor Moon.)

I watched the anime and the manga. I have to admit, the manga is better, but the anime has a cuter ending (and happier on that note).

(Spoiler alert!)

The manga has a semi-sweet ending. Maron loses the ability to reincarnate, and Fin dies. But I can't get over the little scene there where two-year-old Shinji (reincarnated Access) sees his earring clutched in newborn Natsuki (reincarnated Fin)'s hand, and yelling "Marry me! I love you Natsuki!" and Maron's all like, "Why are you proposing already?" And Zen becomes a Tenshi, too. Good times. The manga also gives a bigger backstory.

But the anime has a sweet ending too, especially the Access/Fin scenes. Access/Fin is my favorite one in Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, even over Chiaki/Sinbad with Maron/Jeanne or Yamato with Miyako. Fin and Access are so CUTE!

Oh, and by the way, Digimon fans, this is a different Yamato and Miyako (Minazuki Yamato and Toudaji Miyako), so I am still a die-hard Kenyako fans. Kenyako/Daiyako/Kouyako/Kenkari/Kensuke/Hiyako fans, you can breathe now. Yamako fans, sorry to disappoint you.

I've decided to copy the deviantART thing because I like it and I think it's funny.

Mood: critical
Listening to: the fan (wow that's loud) and a nearby kid playing the guitar
Reading: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne manga
Watching: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne anime
Playing: minesweeper (I must be seriously bored to actually play this game)
Eating: beef ramen (noooo! I want pork or shrimp or both!)
Drinking: Jamba Juice's Razzmatazz (the taste of happiness)

No comments: