Thursday, July 24, 2008

How do I put up with it?

I've been asked how I put up with people that write fics "on the other side of the 'shipping war". Well, see, I don't have to, strictly, put up with them, seeing as I'm fine with other people having other opinions. See, I will only read a fic with another couple IF:

1. It gives a feeling of love and comfort together as a family (CherryGirlUK does a wonderful job with this).
2. It doesn't do more than minorly bash the opposing character (for instance, a Daikari fan slightly bashing Takeru is fine as long as they don't start killing Takeru or moving him to France or make him bent on killing Hikari).
3. The author does not have a history of screaming, shouting, cursing, or spamming someone else just because their couple opinions are different (i.e. flaming).

Anyway, on with the couple ideals...

Sorato

Major episode for fans: Episode 51 of Adventure
Why: Matt saves Sora from darkness
Major episode for me: Episode 38 and episode 45 of Adventure 02 (an unseen flashback appears in 45), where Matt saves Sora from falling debris (not far off from "darkness" XP)
Yes or no? Yes

Taiora

Major episode for fans: Ironically, episode 38 of Adventure 02
Why: Sora "shows" her feelings for Tai
Major episode for me: Episode 20 of Adventure (Saban was stupid. Sora does NOT admit her feelings to Tai. She instead tells him that she likes Matt. E20 of Ad. is better because he saves her life.)
Yes or no? No
Why? Tai likes Sora and Sora likes him back but Sora seems to like Matt more...plus Matt and Sora got married for God's sake

Mimato

Major episode for fans: Uh...is there even one? ^.^ Probably episode 2 of Adventure
Why: Minor thing here, Matt says "forget it" when T.K. asks if Mimi is cute (dub only! dub only!) and later, in episode 7 of Adventure 02, Matt had a phone call with Mimi (once again, dub only! dub only!)
Major episode for me: (blanks out)
Yes or no? No
Why? Someone tell me how they even came up with this one

Michi

Major episode for fans: Episode 35 of Adventure
Why: Tai seems rather desperate to get Mimi back...?
Major episode for me: Same as above
Yes or no? No
Why: Someone tell me how they came up with this one right after you finish with Mimato

Taito

Major episode for fans: Episode 38 of Adventure
Why: Tai and Matt hold hands...
Major episode for me: Same as above
Yes or no? No
Why? Not really a fan of yaoi

...I'll be back with the last popular ones I can think of.

-RS

No comments: